Email me

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

230th email

From: Dom Borax
To: Stacey Marchenkova
Sent: Tuesday September 8th, 1999 5:32 PM
Subject: RE RE I don’t want to leave you.

Okay I’m withdrawing from you already.

But I’ve finally got my books sorted:

1: Housekeeping – Marylyn Robinson

2: Day of the Triffids – John Wyndham

3: Bliss – Peter Carey

Three CDs:

1: Third/Sisters/lovers – Big Star

2: Berlin – Lou Reed

3: Sail Away – Randy Newman

I’m still struggling with my three sentimental items. But I’ve narrowed it down to:

1: Small bear with the ripped crotch I’ve had since I was wee. His name is Kangi by the way.

2: Paint faded Rubber duck given to me by my Godmother in England.

3: My Father’s watch.

4: A photo copy of my Mother’s breakfast recipes.

5: Those little Japanese goodluck bird charms you got me last week.

So can I take all five? I mean I can wear my dad’s watch and claim my mother’s recipes as a means of surviving Californian cooking.

And I’m really looking forward to see what you’ve gotten me from your house as three items. Thanks for making the choice for me.

God, get back here soon before I start thinking you’re here when you’re not.

I swear I just saw you looking through my paltry tinting collection.



Love

Dom

PS Plus I hate to admit it but I just had a five minute pretend conversation with you and got caught my mother. She found it most amusing.

3 comments:

  1. Two words: Pussy whipped. Or is that one word?

    Either way, Dom is so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pussy whipped is two words, I believe. Or hyphenated if it's one word. I prefer to just stick to "whipped" to avoid confusion. Or "Whu-tsssh!" if I'm feeling particularly colorful.

    Anyhoo, I've always kind of viewed Dom as "the girl" in this relationship. [I'd like to clarify that I, too, am female. It doesn't stop it from being somewhat sexist. I just like to avoid people calling me a troll or something.]
    He just carries more feminine characteristics in this relationship than Stacey does. Sometimes, his poetic way of talking and romantically attentive nature is charming and makes me swoon like the fangirl I am but times like these it's rather unattractive.

    Ignoring that. List time!
    Books:
    The Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King
    Entire Poe Collection [condensed in one book] - Edgar Allan Poe
    Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss

    CDs:
    The Open Door - Evanescence
    Aquarius - Aqua
    Discovery - Daft Punk

    Sentimental Items:
    My mother's Star Trek Captain's Log
    The purple heart paperweight given to me by my fiance
    The musical heart jewelry box that I got my mother for Mother's Day [unless my dog counts as a sentimental item. then the dog. definitely.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog definitely counts!!

    I agree--a little whipped :P

    Three books:
    The Redemption of Althalus - David Eddings
    Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
    A Breath of Snow and Ashes - Diana Gabaldon (need a little smut in my life!)

    CD's:
    Well...I don't have any CD's...but I do have my iPod!

    Sentimental items:
    My teddy bear...I've had it since I was 6 weeks old
    The picture of myself, my DH, and my son at 1 month
    ...I really can't think of a third. Are these really the only sentimental things in my life?!

    ReplyDelete

Follow boredolives on Twitter